Catholic Daughters of the Americas
We are the largest National Organization of Catholic Women in the world. We were founded in 1903 by the Knights of Columbus in New York as an opportunity for Catholic women to belong to a fraternal organization and to help them improve themselves spiritually, intellectually and socially.
The integration of spirituality and service is the foundation of the Catholic Daughters. Catholic Daughters of America helps women develop their spirituality and provides avenues of service to live out that spirituality. The CDA gives members a unique opportunity to share their faith with other Catholic women. Helping others through charitable acts in the spirit of Jesus Christ is the heart of our organization. "Spirituality and Service" is the heart and soul foundation of the Catholic Daughters of the Americas.
Members must be 18 years or older and be a practicing Catholic. We promote Catholic values.
We support St. Vincent De Paul, Hospice, Seminarians, Right to Life, a Crisis Nursery, and several other charities. We support the National CDA Charities as well as our State Court. We send delegates to the bi-annual State Convention and the bi-annual National Convention.
Catholic Daughters of the Americas strives to embrace the principle of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality, and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all.
Catholic Daughters 31st Biennial Convention
The Catholic Daughters 31st Biennial Convention was held From April 23 to April 25 at the Marriott University Hotel in Tucson, Arizona. Court Our Lady of Lourdes #2278 had six delegates and six alternates at the Convention. Our Court is the largest in the state of 24 courts. The first picture is Rosemary Dougherty, who is Regent of the Court. Next is Holly Zody and Joyce Stalians. The next photo is members of our Court with Bishop Wisenberger of Tucson. Finally, a photo of all of our delegates and alternates wearing white for the Memorial Mass for Deceased members.
Catholic Daughters September 2021 Meeting
2021-2022 Catholic Daughter's Roster of Events
2021-22 Officers & Committee Chairs, Our Lady of Lourdes Court 2278
- Regent: Rosemary Dougherty
- Vice Regent: Lynn Connor
- Recording Secretary: Helen Baie
- Financial Secretary: Jean Green
- Treasurer: Susan Ward
2021-22 Committee Chairs:
- Parliamentarian: Marilyn Urbany
- Cards Coordinator: Sandra Donahue
- Ceremonial Coordinator: Joan Cosson
- 50/50 Raffle: Suzanne Faulkner, Grace Mahoney
- Goals: Lavonne Abbott, Gail Allds
- Kitchen: Narcine Lohse
- Legislative: Mary Beth Kunze
- Membership: Linda Wolfe, Lucy Horner
- Newsletter: Joyce Stalians
- Publicity: Holly Zody
- Bulletin: Rosemary Dougherty, Holly Zody
- Reception: Maryann Frison, Janet Davis
- Seminarian Project: Theresa Talbot
- Scrapbooking/Photograpy: Holly Zody, Jo Pawlowski, Sandee Donohue, Regina Vernaskas, Joyce Stalians
- Sewing: Joan Cosson
- Spirituality: Cathy Young
- Sunshine: Ody Scier
- Telephone/E-mail: Lynn Connor, Judy Brady
- Website: Rosemary Dougherty
2021-22 Special Events Committee Chairs:
- Advent Christmas Party: Joyce Stalians, Judy Penman, Linda Ranzinger
- Fashion Show: Lynn Connor, Judy Brady, DeeAnne Cooper