Catholic Daughters of the Americas
We are the largest National Organization of Catholic Women in the world. We were founded in 1903 by the Knights of Columbus in New York as an opportunity for Catholic women to belong to a fraternal organization and to help them improve themselves spiritually, intellectually and socially.
The integration of spirituality and service is the foundation of the Catholic Daughters. Catholic Daughters of America helps women develop their spirituality and provides avenues of service to live out that spirituality. The CDA gives members a unique opportunity to share their faith with other Catholic women. Helping others through charitable acts in the spirit of Jesus Christ is the heart of our organization. "Spirituality and Service" is the heart and soul foundation of the Catholic Daughters of the Americas.
Members must be 18 years or older and be a practicing Catholic. We promote Catholic values.
We support St. Vincent De Paul, Hospice, Seminarians, Right to Life, a Crisis Nursery, and several other charities. We support the National CDA Charities as well as our State Court. We send delegates to the bi-annual State Convention and the bi-annual National Convention.
Catholic Daughters of the Americas strives to embrace the principle of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality, and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all.
32nd Biennial State Convention
Catholic Daughters Court #2278, Our Lady of Lourdes, Sun City West, Arizona attended the Catholic Daughters of the Americas 32nd Biennial State Convention on May 5, 6 and 7 held at the Double Tree Hilton in Mesa, Arizona. The theme of the Convention was "Daughter of a King. Sixteen members attended - 6 delegates and 10 alternates.
1st Row L-R: Past Regent, Barbara Westenberg; Past Regent Joyce Stalians, Suzanne James, Court Secretary Dorothy Alexander, Julianne Rubley, Regent Rosemary Dougherty, Treasurer Regina Vernaskas, Carol Byrne, State Secretary and District Deputy Jackie Mialki.
2nd Row L-R: Estelle Murawski, Karen Czaplewski, Bernadette Manser, Colleen Fay, Vice Regent Judy Penman, Cathy Young, Holly Zody and Ody Scier
2023-2024 Catholic Daughter's Roster of Events
2023-24 Officers & Committee Chairs, Our Lady of Lourdes Court 2278
- Regent: Rosemary Dougherty
- Vice Regent: Jackie Mialki
- Financial Secretary: Mary Koltun
- Treasurer: Regina Vernaskas
- Recording Secretary: Dorothy Alexander
2023-24 Committee Chairs:
- 50/50: Karen Czaplewski, Suzanne Faulkner
- Bingo: Holly Zody, Karen Czaplewsk, Rosemary Dougherty
- Bulletin: Dorothy Alexander
- Card Committee: Sandee Donohue
- Emergency Contact Forms: Julianne Rubley
- Kitchen: Narcine Lohse
- Legislation: Mary Beth Kunze
- Membership: Lucy Horner, Linda Wolfe
- Newsletter: Joyce Stalians
- Photographer: Judy Hamer
- Publicity: Rosemary Dougherty, Dorothy Alexander
- Reception: Maryann Frison, Janet Davis
- Rummage Sale: Rosemary Dougherty, Joan Cosson, Joyce Stalians, Karen Czaplewski
- Scrapbook: Joyce Stalians
- Seminarian Project: Theresa Talbot
- Sewing: Joan Cosson
- Telephone Communications: Lynn Conner, Judy Brady